Wednesday, April 3, 2013

I am Evolving


Just a few days ago I had my follow-up appointment with my doctor.  I wish I had more to say at this point.  The exact wording on the MRI results were that my SONK lesion is "evolving."  Evolving???  What does that mean?

All of a sudden all the jokes of me being the missing link are beginning to make more sense.

Basically, my understanding is that the SONK is changing.  It hasn't gotten progressively worse which is a good thing.  However, before we start dancing through the streets naked...it is still there and by no means hasn't disappeared.  Where do we go from here?  Actually nowhere...yet.  Doc said that he wants me to keep living life as we have for the past 30 days for another six weeks.  At that point he wants to do another MRI to re-evaluate the knee.  I think after the next MRI I will officially be glowing.

Waiting seems to be the word of the moment.  If I am honest, my patience is beginning to wear thin.  I am tired of sitting around, walking with a cane, and living in constant pain.  We are now approaching the two year mark from when things went really bad with the knee.  My wife and I are ready for answers and that seems to be our constant prayer right now.  My doctor really acts like we need to outlast the SONK- so he can move forward with the osteochondral allograft procedure (Bone and Cartilage Transplant).  Which I am not super excited about doing.  I feel like we have looked at and tried the conservative approach and now we are ready to try some "not so conservative" approaches when it comes to the knee...which would be something artificial.

I guess we will know more in 6 weeks.  At least that is what we are hoping for!

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there Lee!! Patience while experiencing pain isn't the best lesson to learn. Praying for you!!!

    ReplyDelete