Friday, May 25, 2012

4 months and counting

I can't believe that it has now been more than 4 months sense the surgery.  Things continue to move at a snail pace.  I find myself longing to get back to some normal physical activity.  Riding the stationary bike at 14 mph just isn't cutting it and I am tired of adjusting my eating for the lack of exercise.

The past week I did go and buy a new bike in hopes of riding it soon.  I had to ask the bike shop to keep it on the shelf until September.  Otherwise the temptation to ride would be too great...as I am still not allowed to ride outside until the fall.  Below are some basic things to note:

- The knee is still swollen.  I wonder how long it will take until I can see my knee cap again?

- The past week I have had some moments of sharp pain.  Those moments bring enough pain that it leaves me gasping for air and causes me to lose focus on whatever I was doing.  The pan doesn't last very long but it is intense when it happens.  The weird thing I haven't been able to figure out what is triggering the moments.

- My left quad muscle is still squishy...really squishy.  But, if you look hard enough and turn your head in to the right place you can make out some contour of my small muscles.  At this point I take anything I can get.

- My limp is barely noticeable, but still present. The leg gives out randomly once or twice per day, usually for a nanosecond, and then I quickly recapture my normal walking form.

- Stairs remain problematic. I don’t have to avoid stairs, but I do need to handle them with care, especially going down.

- My ROM is still good.  However, deep bending or squatting are still beyond me.


No comments:

Post a Comment