Friday, March 23, 2012

Another Random Update

Today, I am at 9.5 weeks post-op.  I have been a little hesitant to post anything lately because the progress is very slow.  The knee is still a little swollen, the scar is healing nicely, my pain is manageable, and I am still in need of crutches to get around.

When it comes to the pain...I would never classify the knee as feeling awesome, but it does feel a lot better than it use to.  If I am honest, my progress seems to be moving at a glacial pace...the small increases in my ROM seems hardly enough material to write a blog about.  However, for your own boredom I will keep on keeping on!!!

Yesterday, brought some more progress.  I have slowly lowered the seat on the bike to help increase my range of motion.  I only have three more notches until my seat is all the way down.  I road for another 15 minutes yesterday.  It did take a few minutes until the knee warmed up so that I could actually make a full revolution.  Over the entire 15 minutes I set a new record for distance traveled.  I rode bike a total of .59 miles over 15 minutes.  Being a former competitive rider...It is hard to believe that I am celebrating such a small milestone on the bike...but you have to look at the little things.

I am getting more use to the brace everyday.  I did try to take a step around the car door this week with out the use of my crutches.  It was such a small distance I decided to give it a go.  Let's just say that if it wasn't for the brace and the car being so close to me I would have been flat on my face.  I am still not ready to walk unassisted yet.  Monday brings some more changes and more to share.

4 comments:

  1. You're doing great Lee! Keep up the hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tirsa. That means something coming from at PT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi...I am at the 6 week mark this coming Saturday...it SUCKS!!!!! I hate the brace, I hate hate hate hate this thing! I got so called dissolving stitches falling out of my scar...I can walk slowly...I did about a mile 2 weeks ago, and that took me nearly an hour...good luck with your recovery....I can see from the latest posts, you are STILL recovering...goodness sake, I will be climbing the walls if I don't get this dang brace off in a week or so....I swear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great job Mandy at making it a mile. That is major progress even if it doesn't feel like it. Hang in there.

      Delete