Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Week 7 Update

As I write, I find it hard to believe that 7 weeks have already come and gone.  The time has gone by slow and as I read other blogs about the recovery process I am constantly reminded that my case is the extreme.  Most other ACI patients are walking unassisted or very close to walking unassisted by now.  I still have another 5 weeks of using crutches.

Lately, nothing earth-shattering has really happened...unless you have gone to the gas pumps lately.  The amount of money that it takes to fill up my little corolla about makes me pass out.  I should at least be driving a nice truck or SUV for that kind of money.  Any how...I am still making some progress.


  • I am still working on ROM.  Now that there is no CPM I use our exercise bike and slowly make half-moon revolutions.  That means I don't even make a full rotation, so don't get too excited about my progress.  Riding a bike is still a long ways away.
  •  The last few days I have actually gotten out quite a bit.  I have made to my first restaurant in 7 weeks, I hobbled around church this weekend, I took my son to a birthday party, and I actually made it back for a full day at the office yesterday.
  • I think I pushed myself a little hard over the weekend.  Sunday night I had a real hard time sleeping due to pain in the knee.  Yesterday, I sat in the lazy-boy at the office and rested as I worked.  Thus, last night was a better night.
I am still waiting to hear from the Doctor's office as to when my new brace will be ready.  When I get the new brace on I will be able to introduce 25% of my body weight to my leg.  Every little bit counts.  Lastly, the scar continues to heal nicely.  Here is a look at the scar at 7 weeks:


No comments:

Post a Comment