Thursday, February 23, 2012

I feel like I am going nuts

Am I stir crazy???  YES, yes I am!  After spending 5+ weeks sitting in a recliner or laying in the bed...I am officially stir crazy.  Several things have been recent contributors to my current condition:


  • I am really tired of using the CPM machine.  I wish there was someway I could use the machine at night but the machine is too uncomfortable now that I am bending the knee to extreme measures.
  • The weather has been so nice outside and it is a bummer that I can't take full use of the time outside.  I miss evening walks and playing with the kids in the yard.  However, I know that soon this will change.
  • My foot really hurts.  One thing I didn't expect was for my foot to hurt after all the time not using it.  I guess that is one thing I overlooked.  Even though I have been allowed to put a few pounds on that leg...my foot hurts so bad that it is fairly uncomfortable to use.  But like most things...this too shall pass.  So I am still using it.
  • Pain meds in some ways helped the days go by faster.  Now that I am no longer on heavy pain meds it has become increasingly difficult to sleep...both during the day and night. (Currently I wake up around 8-12 times a night)
  • My scar is healing and not looking so grotesque.  However, today the actual scar has become very painful.  Anytime something brushes my scar (including my brace) I want to scream.  Hopefully, this gets better soon.
  • Lastly, you know you are stir crazy when you have played 55 games of risk in the past 4 weeks.  
Now that I have come to grips with my issues of cabin fever...I am really looking forward to going to the doctor next week.  I am praying that he will finally allow me to bend the leg by opening the locks on my brace.  This will at least allow me to sit in a normal chair and drive.  I think I might even have to take drivers ed again.  I don't think I have ever take 6.5 weeks off of driving.

More to come...today I am at 117 degrees ROM.

No comments:

Post a Comment