Saturday, December 17, 2011

Counting the weeks

Hard to believe that I am now less than 4 weeks away from my surgery date.  I find that everyday I am waking up thinking about the procedure and counting the days.  However, there are a few things that I am trying to take care of in preparation for the big day.

1) Date night...Next week my wife and I are dropping off the kids with the grandparents so we can get out of town for a couple of days.  It will be nice to get away and do some fun things before being laid up for a while.

2) I am really trying to get as strong as I possibly can right now.  Knowing the toll of what my leg will go through I want to make sure it is as flexible and as strong as I can get it.  However, that is proving to be more difficult than expected...because of the pain.  My two main exercises are straight leg lifts and walking up to my pain limit.

3) I am also trying to get my upper body as strong as I can get it.  Knowing that I will have to pick my body up for several months and use crutches as well is good motivation.

That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment