Thursday, December 29, 2011

A Christmas Getaway

Today I woke up thinking about the fact that surgery is now just over two weeks away.  That idea just blows me away.  As the day nears...Melissa and I decided that it would be good to get away for a little Christmas Escape...without the kids!!!

So we traveled 30 minutes away and just lounged around and enjoyed each other's undivided attention for a couple of days.  Here are some of my thoughts coming out of our time together with perspective of surgery just a few weeks away:


  • Shopping has become even more agonizing than ever before, due to the knee issues.  At least now, I have a good excuse.
  • My wife amazes me time and again.  I appreciate her support and encouragement.  She has been by my side through a lot of injuries and now the biggest physical challenge is just around the corner.  I wouldn't want anyone else by my side as I prepare to walk through this surgery.
  •  I really like chocolate fondue!
  •  The knee seems to be getting worse.  After a little pampering (a couples massage) and just a little shopping...it is time to get the feet up for a while.  Not only that...I didn't think I would hurt so bad the next morning.
  • I am really ready to move forward...let's get the surgery over so that productive pain...therapy can begin.
  • The Wii we bought for Christmas has been a hidden joy.  It has allowed me to be active while not really being active.  It also helps take the mind off of the knee.  Which at this point is nice blessing.
  • It has been more difficult than I ever expected to keep weight off.  I joked before that I exercised so that I could eat.  I am seeing that that statement was more true than I thought.  For the first time I actually have to watch my daily calorie intake.


17 days...

No comments:

Post a Comment