Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Geriatric Lee

Today I got some of my surgery goodies.  And yes, I know that Christmas has already come and gone.  Here is what I am talking about:



I am lucky or blessed enough to have a good friend that had a total hip replacement at the age of 25 and already had some of the "luxury" items I need for my recovery.  I am talking luxury too...did you notice that the toilet riser is also a shower chair?  I call that the deluxe version!!!  However, I am a little saddened that I will miss out on the experience of shopping at the local geriatric store.  Now I only need to add some tennis balls to my walker.

The last few days have been spent finalizing a few details for the procedure.  I spent some time on the phone yesterday talking with the insurance company making sure everything was set and approved.  I don't like 11th hour surprises, especially when it comes to my finances.  All went pretty well until I noticed that they had the wrong doctor listed performing the surgery.  After a lengthy explanation that I was in AZ and that the doctor listed was in MN they recognized their error and made it all right.

I also began answering the long list of surgical prep questions from the hospital.  I just have one final call to answer the last of the questions next Thursday.  Now it is time to make sure the shower chair actually fits my tub.  Cross your fingers!!!

11 Days...

1 comment: