Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Last Minute Package

We are now very close to surgery day and every moment that I can spend playing with the kids is a blessing.  Yesterday was absolutely gorgeous...one of the many benefits of living in Arizona in January.  Because it was so nice we decided to spend the evening outside on our cul-de-sac letting the kids play.  And let's be honest, most of the reason to be outside was to get them to burn some energy off.  Here are a few pics from our time outside.



At the time it seemed like a great idea to help my little 14 month old girl ride the scooter.  Actually, it was a great idea...i just payed a higher price then expected.  The little 12 foot circle I walked her in was much more painful than I could imagine.  The angle and the movement required to hold her on the scooter was a quick reminder of why I need to have this surgery done.  Furthermore, tonight I am going to pick up my wheelchair to help me get around next week.

That is not all that happened yesterday.  I got a package from FedEx.  To some of you I recognize that isn't too big of a deal.  But for me to receive an unannounced package in the mail when Christmas is behind us is almost worth celebrating.  It just never happens.  As I opened up my package with great excitement this is what I found...



I have had several surgeries at this point in my life and I have never received a package in the mail providing detailed information about the surgery and rehab required to be successful.  I didn't know whether I should laugh or cry.  The last picture is a picture of a rehab journal so that I can keep close track of my daily progress.  Is that really necessary?  I guess when you are looking at 18 months of rehab you want to remember where you began.

At this point we have only a few more days.  I promise I will post pictures of the scar as soon as I possible. Hasta Luego!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment