Friday, January 13, 2012

My Top Ten Things that have Made Me Laugh Pre-surgery

10. Brought home a shower seat to find out that it doesn't fit in the bottom of my tub.

9. Having 5 different conversations with medical personnel in the last 24 hours in preparation for Monday's surgery.

8. Telling a tattoo artist that I wanted to get a tattoo of a zipper on top of my huge scar when all of this is behind me.

7. Borrowing a wheelchair from my wife's grandmother.

6. Playing the Wii from the couch because I was too sore to stand up.

5. Having a doctor ask me if I was going home the same day as the procedure.  Once I told him that I would probably be in the hospital for 2-3 nights he replied..."It must be vey painful."

4. Hearing my new doctor...the one performing the surgery, say "Holy Crap!" after looking at my surgery pics and reading my chart.

3. Watching people at church have a heart attack while I climb a ladder as part of an illustration.

2. Telling my Chiropractor I was about to have surgery on my neck before an adjustment.  I quickly realized I better tell him the truth.  (Forgive me TY!)

1. Listening to the nurse on the phone read to me the name of my procedure...all 15 words of it.  Once I confirmed, that is what I was having done, she thanked me that I understood what it was that she just said...because she had no idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment