Monday, January 23, 2012

One Week Down

Today marks one week post surgery.  In many ways it feels as though it has been a lot longer.  Pain is now in a manageable state.  I actually started to move down in the pain medication yesterday.  The other big highlight of the weekend was I finally had my first bowel movement following surgery (TMI...I know).  My days are kept to a pretty strict regime right now.  Here is a look at my daily schedule:

7:00    I am icing in the lazy-boy preparing to eat.

7:20    Inject my stomach with Lovenox (Nothing like giving yourself a shot in the stomach every morning)

8:00    CPM machine for two hour session

10:00    Rest/sleep and Ice

11:30    Lunch

1:00pm   CPM Machine for two hours

3:00pm   Rest and Ice

5:00pm    Dinner with family

6:00pm   CPM Machine for two hours

8:00pm    Shower

8:30pm   Snack/rest/ice

9:30pm CPM Machine for as 2-2.5 hours

Midnight   ICE and try to get some sleep


That pretty much sums up my days right now.  Another thing I have been incredibly thankful for the first week, post surgery is that we had recently bought a nice recliner.  Most nights the recliner is much more comfortable than the bed or couch.

1 comment:

  1. Love this Lee! Bill was too chicken to give himself his shot so I had to do it!! Not gonna lie, there were days I found it enjoyable! HA! Just kidding! :)

    ReplyDelete