Monday, January 30, 2012

Two Week Update

It has been 2 weeks since my ACI surgery.  I really can't say that the time has flown by.  There have been plenty of painful and grueling moments that seem to prolong the days.  There have been moments when I begin to question the reason for undergoing such a crazy and invasive surgery...only to remind myself of how bad I was before (that is one reason I started to blog pre-surgery to keep track of where I was just incase those moments came).

I still have a long ways to go...but at least I can look back over the last two weeks and know that I have made some progress.  Spending all of my time in bed and in the home (I haven't been in the kitchen in two weeks) has really jacked up my sense of time.  Thank goodness for Netflix...I have spent way too much time watching "American Pickers."

From a pure physical standpoint...I am right on schedule.  Today I measured a ROM of 73 degrees on the CPM.  I have to be at 90 degrees by week 3 and not a day early.  A few things that I am looking forward to:

- After week 4, I can sleep with no Bledsoe Brace (I do have to keep it on during the day)
- After week 3, I only have to spend 6 -8 hours on the CPM instead of the current 8-12 hours/day
- Week 5, I will graduate to using crutches
- Week 6 or 7 I begin PT

There are a lot of things that I am still looking forward to.

A few interesting things to update you on.  Today, I weighed myself for the first time post surgery and I have lost a total of 16 pounds in two weeks.  Watch out Biggest Loser!!!  Secondly...I am beginning to look like a true mountain man.  It is a little difficult to stand long enough to shave, so I have decided to not shave right now.  What do you think???

4 comments:

  1. Hang in there man. A lot of people are praying for a speedy recovery. The beard looks good, a little longer and a plaid shirt would look even better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it! :)
    Marybeth Dewey

    ReplyDelete
  3. (Glad you are blogging about this. I know as a stay-at-home mom, time can get kinda fuzzy sometimes, too, and I think your idea to blog so you would remember why you had such an intense surgery was a good idea too. :) Hello to Melissa and the rest of your fam. :)
    (Marybeth Dewey)

    ReplyDelete
  4. dont shave!!!! its facial hair february!!!! miss you!!!!

    ReplyDelete