Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Final Approval

Late last night, while participating in my fantasy basketball draft, I received an email that my final approval for the procedure and the hospital stay has been approved.  What that means we are officially a GO!

Now Genzyme, the Carticel company, will begin cloning my cells.  In just a few weeks 50 million stem cells will show up ready to be injected into my knee (not at my house- at the hospital).  I am secretly hoping that the procedure will only take 48 million.  I wonder of they give you a doggy bag to take home the left-overs?  You just never know when you will need 2 million stem cells.  With my recent medical "luck" they will get most of the way through the procedure and realize that they actually needed 55 million.

Just a few more weeks left.

1 comment:

  1. This made me laugh! Bill seriously asked his doctor if he could take home a "toe or bone or something" after his amputation surgery! The Dr. laughed, but Bill was very serious!!! :) Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete