Sunday, December 4, 2011

Prepartions

Today I have been battling through quite a lot of pain.  Sunday's are harder on me than most days due to the extended time on my feet.  However, the day has been full of great conversations and that always keeps you going.

At six weeks out I am beginning to put a list together of items that will help my life be a little easier post surgery.  Two previous knee surgeries help the process, but I have never been down as long as I will this time.  Here are some of the things I am looking at getting:

- Shower seat...yes it will be a little difficult to get this part of the daily routine done.
- Baby wipes (helpful having a baby in the house for this one)
- Toilet Risers...you have to think of everything
- Movie list
- New Wii games
- Reading list
- Buzz Cut...will make life a little easier
- Leg Lifter
- New Shorts and sweat pants
- Comfortable/flexible ice packs
- Small back pack to carry things around the house

And I am sure there will be more to come.  Let me know if anything else comes to mind that might help the rehab.  (Movie suggestions, book suggestions, game suggestions, rehab items, etc.)  Love to hear from you.

2 comments:

  1. We have a toilet riser/shower chair you could borrow. Great ice packs that we use at the clinic are comfort gel pack by Accurate Manufacturing Inc. I have 2 small ones if you want to borrow those too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about a Pez Dispenser... I always keep one handy when I have surgery

    ReplyDelete